This rich chocolate pudding will surely satisfy all of your chocolate cravings. Made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry and fridge, this is a simple recipe and easy to make. Serve it warm if you like, or chill and top with fresh whipped cream.
I think it’s a good idea to have simple, tasty recipes like this in your arsenal. Midnight snacks, unexpected guests, or a pudding-loving husband… all things that this chocolate pudding will take care of.
Scroll down for a printable version of this recipe
Yields 5 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 cups milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 Tablespoons corn starch
1 Tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional, whipped cream for serving
1. In a saucepan add sugar, cocoa powder, corn starch, and salt. Stir well to combine.
2. Once no lumps remain, whisk in milk. I like to use a silicone coated whisk so I can make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
3. Turn on heat to medium, and whisk constantly until mixture begins to bubble. Boil for 1 minute and then remove from heat. Mixture will be thick and will continue to thicken as it cools.
4. Immediately add in butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and vanilla. Stir until completely incorporated and smooth.
5. Pour evenly into 5 ramekins and either serve warm or cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
Thick, creamy, and oh-so-chocolate-y. Pudding is such a classic dessert. My favorite donuts are pudding-filled. How delicious would it be to fill them with this chocolate pudding? Yum.
If you’re on the lookout for all of the how-to’s on donut making, check out our Virtual Cook Along: Donut Workshop on Saturday, January 9 at 3pm CST. And be sure to join The Chopping Block's private Facebook group to see what everyone’s got cooking and stay up-to-date on the virtual challenges each week.