Donations & Philanthropy
The Chopping Block is committed to giving back to our communities. Our philanthropy program supports like-minded organizations and invests in the quality of life in the Chicago neighborhoods in which we do business. We are dedicated to the same causes our customers and employees support.
Our philanthropy supports organizations in their efforts to:
- Provide food and assistance to economically-challenged individuals and families in our area
- Educate the public about healthy eating habits, nutrition and overall traditions
- Advocate for sustainable agriculture and the preservation of culinary traditions
- Educate and promote positive youth development
- Protect and defend human rights
- Empower and support women in the culinary field
- Encourage art application
The Chopping Block is committed to philanthropy, but as a small business, we are simply not able to support every worthy cause. All donation requests should be submitted via our online form below in order to be considered by our Donations Coordinator.
We no longer accept donation requests submitted via mail, email or other forms on our website. Please use the form below.
Please note that due to the high volume of donations we receive each day, we must have certain guidelines in place in order to review your request:
- All requests must be received at least 60 days prior to the date of the donation deadline.
- All requests must be made on behalf of a charitable organization rather than individuals or for-profit businesses. The organization requesting the donation must provide a tax-exempt determination letter/501(c) designation at the time of submission for our records.
- All requests will be reviewed the month prior to the fundraising date and not before. Causes that are granted donations will be notified by our Donations Coordinator via email. Please note that if you do not receive a notification that your donation has been approved, we were unfortunately unable to donate to your cause at this time.
- We ask that you refrain from sending follow up emails inquiring about the status of your request or submitting multiple requests.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.