Donations & Philanthropy
The Chopping Block is committed to giving back to our communities. Our philanthropy program supports like-minded charitable organizations who are striving to end hunger in our area, as well as organizations who invest in the quality of life in our Chicago neighborhood, Lincoln Square.
Our philanthropy supports organizations in their efforts to:
- Provide food and assistance to economically-challenged individuals and families in our area
- Educate the public about healthy eating habits, nutrition and overall traditions
- Advocate for sustainable agriculture and the preservation of culinary traditions
- Educate and promote positive youth development surrounding food
- Empower and support women in the culinary field
We do not accept donation requests submitted via mail, email or other forms on our website. Please use the form below.
Please note that due to the high volume of donations we receive, we must have certain guidelines in place to review your request:
- All requests must be received at least 60 days prior to the date of the donation deadline.
- All requests must be made on behalf of a charitable organization rather than individuals, schools, or for-profit businesses. The organization requesting the donation must provide a tax-exempt determination letter/501(c) designation at the time of submission for our records.
- All requests will be reviewed the month prior to the fundraising date and not before. Causes that are granted donations will be notified by our Donations Coordinator via email. Please note that if you do not receive a notification that your donation has been approved, we are unfortunately unable to donate to your cause at this time.
- Please refrain from sending follow up emails inquiring about the status of your request or submitting multiple requests.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Donation requests submitted to other email addresses or other forms on our website will not be considered.