It's Time to Get Cooking Again
The Chopping Block is committed to the safety of our employees and guests. Therefore, we are closely monitoring the developments associated with the spread of COVID-19, known as the Coronavirus, and are taking special measures to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests. We will continue to offer our robust curriculum of virtual cooking, cocktail and wine classes, in addition to in-person classes and events.
The City of Chicago has a face mask mandate for all indoor public settings. All individuals aged 2 and over, regardless of their vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask while indoors in public settings. Masks can be removed during eating and drinking.
The City of Chicago also has a proof of vaccination for indoor dining establishments. The following must be presented for proof of vaccination:
· Valid photo ID (age 16+)
AND one of the following:
· Vaccination Card
· Photocopy of vaccination card
· Digital record or app or
· Printed record from vaccine provider
We have always taken cleanliness and sanitation seriously, which is why we have elevated our cleaning measures. Take a moment to read below our additional practices to promote employee and guest protection:
Employee education and training
- Cleaning: Employees will continue to be trained on appropriate cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting techniques, personal hygiene etiquette and the importance of consistently adhering to these new protocols along with the required food and safety regulatory guidelines.
- Hand washing: All employees will be reminded of the proper hand washing technique.
Throughout our spaces
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks will be provided to both employees and guests as they are expected to be worn by any non-vaccinated people while in our spaces and during classes with the exception of when eating and drinking.
- Acrylic sneeze shields have been installed and can be re-adjusted at the cash wraps and kitchens.
- Additional hand sanitizer pumps will be provided throughout our space for all employees and guests to use.
- Touchless dispensers for paper towels and hand soap have been installed in the restrooms and designated handwashing sinks in the store.
All of our employees will be required to do the following:
- Wear masks throughout their shift.
- Wash hands immediately upon entering the store, between all guest interactions and according to kitchen hand washing guidelines set by the Department of Health and CDC.
- Continually disinfect common surfaces with EPA-registered products including interior/exterior door handles, registers, counters, chair backs/arms, restroom doors, stall locks and faucets.
Our retail stores
- Our Lincoln Square retail store is now open for retail shopping. Here are our new hours:
- Wednesdays through Fridays 11am-5pm
- Saturdays 10am-5pm
- Sundays 10am-3pm
- Curbside pick-up is also available at Lincoln Square. For details, please visit the Curbside Pickup links below or the SHOP tab in the top navigation of our website to see all retail product options.
- All retail purchases are final. We will offer no returns or exchanges at this time.
- Tasting stations will not be available at this time.
- Cash will not be accepted. Only credit cards and gift cards will be accepted for payment of any wine, beer or retail purchases at this time.
- Our Merchandise Mart location is open for select classes and private events. The retail store at the Mart remains closed for now.
- All guests will be required to wear a mask per the City of Chicago's mandate. Masks can be removed while guests are actively eating and drinking.
- Hand washing will be more frequently done between tasks.
Again, our top priority is the health and safety of our employees and guests. Therefore, we will continue to monitor updates provided by the CDC and local health departments.
We will also continue our mission to get you cooking at home by offering virtual classes. We currently have two types of virtual classes to choose from:
- Our Virtual Demonstration classes, via Zoom, are a fun opportunity to watch your chef in action. During class, your chef will teach you how to prepare the dishes while you observe and take notes. Our Zoom moderator will make sure your questions submitted through the chat option are answered during or after class. The recipe packet will be provided upon registration. Please note that some recipe steps may be prepared ahead due to the length of the class. This price of this class is $10 + fees per screen.
- Our Virtual Cook Along classes, via Zoom, will have you and your chef cooking together in real time. We’ll provide you with the recipe packet and equipment list upon registration, so you’re prepared to get cooking, and when it’s over you’ll have dinner on the table! Our Zoom moderator will make sure your questions are answered live by the chef either during or after class. The price of this class is $50 + fees per screen.
See all of our current offerings, and check back often as we continue to add more classes each week.
Another way you can help support our business is to purchase a gift card. Our gift cards are valid toward all classes, events and retail, and they never expire. Gift card purchases will be critical in helping small businesses stay afloat during this difficult time.
It's always been our mission to "get you cooking" and know that we are always here for you. Reach out to us via email at email@example.com, our website or social media channels with your cooking questions. Let's return to the kitchen and cook!
Stay healthy and safe as we all navigate through this unprecedented time together. As things are changing constantly, we'll use this page to provide updates to you.