Introducing Teen Boot Camp
Is your teen ready to take their culinary skills to the next level?
In this week-long Boot Camp, The Chopping Block's chefs will teach teens essential cooking techniques and share kitchen wisdom that will stay with them for a lifetime. Students will become proficient at making sauces, butchering, knife skills, meat and vegetable cookery, making dough and baking. Additionally, they will understand the hows and whys of cooking, preparing them for a future of confidence in the kitchen.
There is no other intensive cooking class being offered for teens like this in Chicago!
DAY ONE MENU - BREAKFAST & BRUNCH:
- Knife Skills Lesson
- Broccoli-Cheddar Frittata with Potato Hash
- Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs
- Build-Your-Own Omelets with Maple-Glazed Bacon
- Lemon-Blueberry Scones
- Ham and Cheese Crêpes with Hollandaise Sauce
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
DAY TWO MENU - LUNCH:
- Minestrone Soup with Pesto Drizzle
- Grilled Greek Chicken Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Feta Cheese
- Taco Salad with Ground Beef, Grilled Corn, Black Beans and Queso Fresco
- Calzones with Homemade Tomato Sauce, Pepperoni and Mozzarella
- Cuban Sandwiches (Roasted Pork, Ham and Swiss Cheese)
- Pineapple Fried Rice with Red Peppers and Edamame
DAY THREE MENU - DINNER:
- Sloppy Joes with Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- Chicken Parmesan with Homemade Tomato Sauce and Fresh Fettuccine
- Roasted Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa, Cabbage-Lime Slaw and Avocado Crema
- Grilled Flank Steak with Twice-Baked Potatoes and Chimichurri Sauce
- Potato-Herb Gnocchi with Alfredo Sauce
- Spanish Rice-Stuffed Peppers with Black Bean-Corn Salsa and Chihuahua Cheese
DAY FOUR MENU - BAKING AND PASTRY:
- Homemade Buttery Dinner Rolls
- Individual Lemon Meringue Pies with Homemade Pie Dough
- Chocolate Mousse
- Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream
- S’mores Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Frosting
- Glazed French Crullers
DAY FIVE MENU - SNACKS AND PARTY FOOD:
- Buffalo Wings with Homemade Ranch Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Turkey Meatballs
- Gougères (French Cheese Puffs)
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders with Peppers and Onions
- Roasted Poblano and Sautéed Mushroom Quesadillas with Chipotle Sour Cream
- Shrimp Satay with Teriyaki Sauce
- Fried Cheese Sticks with Marinara Sauce
Our Teen Camps are recommended, but not required as prerequisites for this program. Students will work in groups of 3 to 5. 1-week cancellation policy.
Location: Lincoln Square
*A non-refundable 10% fee is applied for the operational and administrative costs incurred by TCB on all cooking classes.
Not what you’re looking for?
See All Classes