I think the next best thing to beer is lobster, so I must share with you the amazing time I had at a recent New England Lobster class.
One of the great benefits of working at The Chopping Block is free cooking classes. We are allowed to take any class at no charge for added experience that we can take back to our positions. I have taken several classes that were very good but the lobster class was by far the most rewarding and educational.
What made the experience over the top for me was Chef Hans; he just makes everything better. Hans discussed myths and truths about buying and cooking lobster. For instance:
- Is it true female lobsters have more tender meat?
- What is the most humane way to kill the lobster?
- What do you look for when purchasing fresh lobster?
And many many more questions.
Not only was the knowledge amazing but the lobster was delicious as well. But it's not only lobster that makes this class. The entire menu was a winner:
- Boiled Maine Lobsters with Tarragon Beurre Blanc
- Fennel and New Potato Salad with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Dilly Butter
- Individual Blueberry Cardamom Crisps
The only thing that could make this class better would be if we were hosting it on a tropical island. Maybe one day my wish can come true and The Chopping Block will be international.
In the meantime, you can experience a New England Seafood Party right here in Chicago. Check our class calendars for this popular class!